The Maltese archipelago, a European Union member state, is located in central Mediterranean Sea between Sicily and the North African coast and has a population of approximately 525,285 (2020).
It can be easily reached from popular destinations and is an attractive hub for businesses who would like to relocate to another country and benefit from being set up in Malta, an EU financial centre.
Malta also prides itself on having a wide network of double taxation agreements with over 70 other countries, making it an excellent jurisdiction for international tax structuring. Other factors why Malta is also a popular hub include that it uses the Euro as a currency while also having English as one of its official languages together with Maltese, its native language.
- Great weather all year round
- EU Member state with political stability
- Friendly and hospitable locals
- Variety of social activities for all ages
- Abundance of history and heritage
- Beautiful sea with many lovely beaches
- Reasonable cost of living
- Convenient time zone with strategic geographical location
- Excellent schooling and medical services
- Connected with daily flights to major airports
- Excellent business etiquette
- Highly qualified and skilled workforce
- Property investments with excellent ROI
- A very strong legal system