When opting to incorporate a company in Gibraltar with Fairwinds Management Limited, a business gains a wide range of competitive advantages. Gibraltar is an offshore jurisdiction which prides itself on providing political stability. This country is a dependent of the UK and a European Union member. Gibraltar is known to have a stable jurisdiction with a very good reputation.
One acquires other benefits when incorporating a Gibraltar company, some include:
- The company needs only one director and one shareholder
- No requirement for resident directors or shareholders
- No minimum capital requirement
- No requirement for directors/shareholders to attend meetings in Gibraltar
- Companies incorporated in Gibraltar are exempt from local taxation and VAT
- Limited liability company
- Confidentiality: secrecy is guaranteed by legislation
When choosing to incorporate in Gibraltar, Fairwinds Management Limited offers the whole package including the following:
- Incorporation of a Gibraltar company
- Gibraltar government registration fees
- Registered office for 1 year
- Registered agent for 1 year
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Register of Directors
- Register of Members
- Share Certificate(s)
- Registration for TIN number
There are certain due diligence requirements one must abide by when incorporating a Gibraltar company which are required for all officers within the company. The due diligence requirements include an original certified passport or ID, a certified utility bill dated within the last three months, an updated CV, a proof of the source of wealth such as payslips or bank statements which portray income and also a reference letter.
Incorporation of a Gibraltar company takes approximately two weeks from submission of all documents. In addition to the above mentioned due diligence requirements, there are other minimum requirements when incorporating, these include:
- 1 Director
- 1 Shareholder
- 1 Secretary (the Secretary cannot be the same person as the Director or Shareholder)
- The standard share capital for Gibraltar is 2000 shares of GBP 1.00 each
- The Share Capital will be in GBP
Banks in Gibraltar require a minimum deposit of €500,000 per bank account therefore, it is not being suggested. However, there are other options to open bank accounts in Malta, Cyprus or elsewhere.
Gibraltar companies need to file an annual return with the House of Companies. The company is also required to file accounts on an annual basis upon renewal. If the company is trading outside of Gibraltar, one can file a dormant balance sheet. Otherwise one can file trading accounts or an abridged balance sheet.
Fairwinds Management Limited, being specialists in company incorporations is able to incorporate a company in Gibraltar and offer you any assistance or advice needed from the moment you choose to incorporate with us for as long as our assistance is required.